This Website hosts design competitions which are intended to encourage participants to explore planning and design concepts that would be appropriate for the categories outlined in each of the Project Briefs. The Competitions are void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for any taxes, customs, duties and like amounts connected with the prizes.
The 17John Cotel Design Competition Rules:
1. How to Enter into the Competition. To participate in the 17John Cotel Design Competition (the “Competition”), eligible persons may fill out an online registration form ("Registration") available at this Website and submit their User Contributions or design proposals for any or all the categories described on the Project Brief. When registering on the Website and submitting proposals to participate in the Competition, users become “Registered Contestants”.
The Website will be available for registering and submitting proposals from February 21st, 2014, until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on April 21st, 2014 (the "Entry Period").
2. Eligibility. Eligibility to participate in the Competition or to win prizes is limited to persons that at the beginning of the Entry Period have the legal age or ability to form a binding contract with the Company. Limit one (1) Registration per individual. Each Registered Contestant can upload up to two proposals per category described on the Project Brief. Any effort by a Registered Contestant to misrepresent himself or herself through the use of aliases or multiple e-mail addresses will disqualify that entrant. Registered Contestants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate or win. Persons who were awarded a prize or received other Competitional consideration from Prodigy Network or its affiliates (the “Sponsor”) within six (6) months prior to the beginning of the Entry Period are not eligible. The Sponsor's determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
3. Voting Period: Registered Contestants’ proposals will be published for receiving votes from the public for a period of two (2) weeks following the ending of the Entry Period. The five Registered Contestants in each category, whose proposals receive the highest number of votes from the public will be the finalists (the “Finalists”) for the further jury selection. The members of the jury are described on the Project Brief.
4. Selection of Winners by the Jury of Experts: The Jury of Experts will study and select the winners from the Finalists in a period of one week after the ending of the Voting Period. There will be one winner for each category described on the Project Brief. Winners will receive the prices described on the section below.
5. Prizes: The winners selected by the Jury of Experts will receive:
For the category of Public Space design: a price of USD$ 20,000
For the category of Private Space design: a price of USD$ 20,000
For the category of Digital Services design: a price of USD$ 10,000
The Sponsor will contact the winners via email prior to disbursement being made. Each winner is obliged to provide the Sponsor with his full proper name, address and account details if he has not already done so in his profile. In particular, the Sponsor may require the winner to send copies of official documents (e.g. identity card).
The winner will receive a credit voucher as proof of winning. The credit voucher is issued by the Sponsor as evidence of the win and is sent to the prize winner on disbursement of the prize. The Sponsor can make the disbursement of the prize dependent on the winner issuing a due and proper invoice for the prize money indicating the Sponsor as invoicee. The invoice must contain all the information required to meet country-specific tax regulations and which the Sponsor requires in order to claim tax. The Sponsor will inform the user about the tax requirement on request. The winner bears sole responsibility for payment of any tax due in connection with winning a prize.
The Sponsor may effect payment of the prices via PayPal, check or by bank transfer. The costs associated with the bank transfer and any charge backs or other fees and costs will be borne by the winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to perform a check on the identity of the winner and verification of the winner’s bank or PayPal account before transfering the prize. The winner undertakes to collaborate with verification in a suitable manner. The Sponsor is entitled to refuse to disburse the prize if the winner fails to cooperate in the appropriate manner.
6. Conditions of Participation. Participants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions will be final. Each Registered Contestant represents and warrants that all information contained in his/her Registration entry is true and accurate. The Sponsor and the Administrator are not responsible for any printing errors in these Official Rules or otherwise in any materials available at the Competition Site. By completing a Registration, Registered Contestants grant to Sponsor, its agents and others working on their behalf the right to use the Registered Contestant's name, and submitted material for advertising and marketing purposes, including on the Competition Site, without additional compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Unless a Registered Contestant otherwise opts out, Sponsor and its designees may use the Registered Contestant's physical and/or e-mail address to contact the Registered Contestant regarding Sponsor's services and other offers and/or Competitions. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, misidentified or misdirected Registration entries, or telecommunication or computer hardware or software performance, errors, delays or failures. If, for any reason, the fairness or integrity of the Competition becomes compromised, or fulfillment of the Competition becomes impracticable, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Competition, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Registration, voting or participation on the Competition.
7. Winner Notification. The winners of the Prizes will be notified by e-mail. Sponsor may require the prize winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited), liability waiver and/or IRS Form W-9 (if required by IRS regulations) prior to the delivery of any prize (collectively, "Affidavit").
If the prize winner does not respond to the notification within ten days, is found to be ineligible, fails to execute the Affidavit or other documentation required by Sponsor and/or the Prize is returned as undeliverable, the Sponsor may consider such prize winner to have forfeited the Prize, and another prize winner may be selected as time allows. The Prize will be awarded within approximately 60 days of the winner's complete response to notification. Sponsor makes no warranties with regard to the Prize.
8. Announcement of Winners. The name of the Prize winners will be posted for 30 days after the end of the Entry Period at the Competition Site.
9. Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Competition is: Prodigy Network LLC, Address: 40 Wall Street, 31st Floor, The Trump Building, New York, NY 10005.
10. Disclaimers, Dispute Resolution and Limitations of Liability. Each Registered Contestant hereby releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, those working on its behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in this Competition or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of the Prizes. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Competition shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. This Competition shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, regardless of conflicts of laws principles. Any action or litigation concerning this Competition shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in New York County, New York, and each Registered Contestant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each Registered Contestant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of New York. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS COMPETITION. REGISTERED CONTESTANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.